New Covid-19 Hospital Policies
To help prevent the transmission and spread of COVID-19, the Northside Hospital System & Wellstar Kennestone Hospital are taking new precautions to protect you, your family, health care workers and our community. See the below procedures for each hospital.
Visitors will not be accepted at Northside Gwinnett Extended Care Center, Northside Gwinnett Joan Glancy, and all Northside Hospital Cancer Institute outpatient oncology practices and infusion centers.
Visitor restrictions for Northside Hospital Atlanta, Northside Hospital Cherokee, Northside Hospital Duluth, Northside Hospital Forsyth and Northside Hospital Gwinnett are as follows:
- We are updating our visitor guidelines to include a suspension of visitors to inpatient units, outpatient facilities, and infusion centers.
- Women’s Services, Surgical and procedural areas will continue to permit one support person/care partner per patient. Extenuating circumstances will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- Labor & Delivery: one support person of the mother’s choosing for the duration of the hospital stay.
- All visitation in Northside Hospital Special Care Nurseries is suspended.
- Patients undergoing outpatient surgery or procedures are allowed one visitor in the waiting room.
- Minor patients (under 18) are allowed two visitors.
- No visitors will be allowed for a known COVID-19 patient or a patient under investigation for COVID-19.
- Approved visitors will be screened for illness prior to entering the facility and will not be allowed to visit if they are experiencing an illness or have recently had known exposure to communicable diseases.
- Northside Hospital reserves the right to limit visitors beyond what is set forth in this guideline if needed.
- Social visitation is suspended (not allowed) until further notice. Consider alternative methods of communication (i.e. telephone, FaceTime, Skype).
- Children under the age of 18 will not be allowed to visit.
- Only in extenuating circumstances will visitors be allowed (e.g. Autistic child) and will be limited to one immediate family member or designated care partner.
- Laboring & Delivery: one person for support. If the support person is under 18 years of age an exception may be made.
- Pediatric patients are allowed a maximum of two parents or designated caregivers.
- Special consideration will be given for patients with critical needs (e.g. end of life).
- No visitors are allowed for people under investigation (PUI) or positive for COVID-19; Visitors with extenuating circumstances will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Visitors will not be able to enter our administrative buildings. Exceptions for vendors essential to clinical care, and suppliers.
- All allowed visitors will undergo the screening process including temperature, symptoms review and travel history.
- All facilities reserve the right to ask any visitors meeting the above requirements to remain outside of treatment areas.
- This process is temporary and is designed to limit the spread of COVID-19 in order to protect our pa-tients and team members during this flu season.